Web design showcases your brand to visitors while providing them with the necessary information they need to learn more about your company and make a decision with their dollars.
Without a well-designed site, your brand can lose valuable website traffic that could otherwise turn into conversions for your online business. So how do you get a website that consistently earns results for your business day after day? Well, the homework has been done for you. Here are 12 expert, award-winning and trusted web designers based in Auckland.
Auckland City is home to hundreds of start-up ventures, and thousands of young people searching for the next big thing. With so much talent consolidated into one city, coming up with a top list of designers was no easy task. Read along as we discover Auckland’s best web designers and web design firms!
We’ve selected these designers based on how well they represent themselves online and the following criteria;
- Reputation: Tried & tested history of dazzled customers and exceptional service delivery.
- Trust & Credibility: Ensuring customer confidence with best-practices, accolades & awards.
- Experience: Veterans of their craft, built on years of hands-on experience & education.
- Accessibility: Always approachable & very responsive, so customers feel taken care of.
- Professionalism: Providing quality service with honesty, reliability, and dignity.
We hope you enjoy our list and reach out to one or more of these design agencies for your business website.
1) Bold Creative: Award-winning branding and graphic design agency in Auckland, New Zealand. A multidisciplinary full service brand and graphic design agency in Auckland and Hamilton. This studio prides itself on producing creative work that genuinely connects organisations with their audience.
We’re a no-nonsense, strategy-led brand and graphic design studio. We help our partners be bold in front of people who matter to them most.
Xposure is a highly versatile creative full-outfit studio servicing across New Zealand and Australia. Known to create potent and immersive experiences that exudes originality, allowing clients to present work in a way that makes heads turn. If you’re looking for something out of the ordinary, something that will no doubt get audiences to double-take then, Xposure is the studio for you.
We are passionate about crafting timeless, world-class creative based on solid research and thorough understanding of our clients goals and vision. As a small studio, we’re able to really get to know our clients and build long standing client partnerships that we are proud of. We offer in house a-z creative services, for all aspects and channels of your brand needs.
Web Design App Design Web Development eCommerce Branding EDM Design Photography Video Production Print Design Packaging
3) Novare Design: Novare Design is the business name for freelance web designer Simon Yock. Simon offers robust solutions for businesses looking for a brand overhaul and level up on design and user experience. The portfolio is sharp and cutting edge with agency level productions.
User Experience, User Interface, Website Development, E-Commerce, Support & Maintenance, Website Security
4) Moustache Republic:
Here is a team of brilliant business minds, rebel creatives, and technology junkies working together to deliver outstanding e-commerce solutions for companies that want to succeed online both locally and globally. Their work is on the pulse of current trends, progressive with a touch of the unexpected. If you want your product or ideas to stand out from the crowd then definitely look into Moustache Republic.
We’re always striving to improve our clients’ success. We innovate, we’re proactive, we push boundaries and we ask what if?
“The alternative to good design is always bad design. There is no such thing as no design.” –Adam JudgeMatheus Menezes, Product Designer
5) The Fold: The Fold is an award-winning, Auckland-based web design and development agency. A collective of creatives, coders and collaborators with a joint passion for crafting outstanding digital experiences which drive results.
Empowering brands to make a mark. We combine creativity and innovative thinking with leading-edge technology to produce exceptional outcomes for our clients.
6) Constantino: Constantine is well known for his multidisciplinary digital skills. He is regarded as a web design legend helping small to medium size businesses to achieve their online business goals. He eases headaches around complex WordPress problems solving website bugs and issues, optimises sites for search engines, increasing online presence. Constantine crafts high-quality clean UI/UX design that drives more traffic and sales to online platforms.
I transform creative ideas into engaging virtual space by building functional, user-friendly and SEO optimised websites that work seamlessly across browsers and devices.
7) Tania Richardson: Tania is the real deal. Talk about fresh, intuitive, clean and crisp UX/UI design to take your users online experience to the next level. Tania is known to craft digital experiences that not only users love, but meet engineering and business needs. Being the cream of her crop means she’s not always freely available. Consider yourself lucky if you are able to partner with this web design master. She’ll rock your world.
From end to end I can take my designs and implement them to create a website that no only looks great but performs at it’s best, including page speed, SEO, and ensure you’re ready to share the best of your web links to social.
8) Isobar: Isobar is a global agency that will transform your business. If you have the capital to work with these guys then you’re ready to put your business on the map, so to speak. The studio is oozing talent and creativity that continues to blow minds. They solve complex digital challenges through online marketing, ecosystems and products, strength and brand loyalty. Some of their client partners include ASB , House of Travel, Silver Fern Farms and Villa Maria
We’re passionate about the power of digital, and our collaborative culture helps us deliver flawless execution and create transformative work.
“Your website is the center of your digital eco-system, like a brick and mortar location, the experience matters once a customer enters, just as much as the perception they have of you before they walk through the door.”ange we want to happen outside should happen within.”
A full-suite creative company, Rockitshp offers an array of services that makes you wonder how they do it. From Storytelling & brand development to SEO, Social Media and paid digital advertising, these guys don’t muck about. Basically, they offer a one-stop shop for all your online/digital needs to get your business or start-up competitive in today’s online marketplace. If you’re reaching an online client base then Rockitshp is the partner that’ll skyrocket your sales and success.
10) Bryn Heveldt:
With over 20 years industry experience designing and coding for small and large design agencies, IT companies and startups, Bryn is by no means new to the game.
His core skills are designing and building responsive websites and online shops for all devices. Capabilities include: Silverstripe, WordPress, Squarespace and Shopify alongside slick Front End development skills and server management. Currently Bryn has clients all around and in New Zealand and he builds everything from complete websites and shops for organisations to contracting to larger design agencies for various design and development tasks.
11) Alicia Morley:
As an entrepreneur, Alicia knows what it takes for brands to start, grow and develop loyal audiences that turn into life-long fans. With several small ventures and a growing following of her own, Alicia’s specialises in utilising social media to help brands build an authentic customer base – while providing the website and any other marketing collateral needed to support the the overall marketing strategy.
Graphic Design, WordPress Development, Content Creation, Marketing Consultations and Mentorship
12) Jake Burdess:
Jake would describe himself as a UX / UI designer, but in truth he has a pretty diverse background in many areas of design, from interiors to branding to research. Jake is all about the experience, and takes great pleasure in ‘joining the dots’ for companies, with a strong focus on digital and brand, whether working on websites, SaaS products or mobile apps.
Jake has worked across digital for over two decades, for clients and with collaborators in the USA, Europe and Australasia. He is chameleonic, in that he has had heaps of experience with agencies, startups and corporate, and in numerous business verticals.
I pride myself on meticulous information gathering, thoughtful information architecture and wireframing, and highly detailed, beautiful interfaces that engage and delight the user.
So, there you have it, 12 awesome and exciting web designers and web design studios to keep in mind when you’re ready start your next project. If you found the list helpful, then please feel free to share this around and be a part of creating a new wave of creativity in this beloved city.
Web Design Quote Calculator
*Estimate Based on industry standard rates in 2020 for Auckland City, New Zealand.[bt_cc id=”449″]
Know of another Web Designer that should be on this list? Feel free to email me using the contact page on this site and I’ll include it an updated edition next year.
If you’re needing web design in Wellington? Find out what’s out there by clicking here.